Code of Conduct for Administrators and Committee Members
All participants in our sport have a responsibility to promote respect and good behaviour to ensure our clubs and our game are free from all forms of bullying and abuse.
As leaders in our sport, Administrators and Committee Members must demonstrate the behaviour that they expect their players, parents, and spectators to follow to establish a high-quality club culture.
- Act honestly, in good faith and in the best interests of your club, and the sport.
- Respect the rights and worth of every person associated with the Club, including members, volunteers, partners, external stakeholders, and other Committee Members, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexual orientation, or religion.
- Provide quality supervision, instruction, and a safe environment for all participants.
- Always consider the welfare of the Club’s members above on-field success.
- Create and support pathways for people to participate and develop through the sport not just as players but as coaches, referees, and administrators.
- Ensure that any information or advantage gained by virtue of your position is not used improperly.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established by the Club, and its legislative requirements.
- Respect the equipment and resources of the Club and only use these in Club-related business.
- Refrain from smoking and excessive use of alcohol at the Club.
- Conduct your responsibilities with due care, competence, and diligence.
- Do not allow prejudice, conflict of interest or bias to affect your objectivity in impartial decision-making.
- Address unsporting behaviour and promote respect for all people.
- Help coaches and officials to demonstrate appropriate behaviour and skill development to assist in raising the standards of coaching and officiating.
- Ensure everyone involved in football emphasises fair play, and not winning at all costs.
- Be tolerant and calm under pressure, and approach problem solving in a supportive manner as members and players will expect you to set an example for others.
- Be honest and open to feedback from members and respond appropriately.
- Set a positive example and always represent the Club in a professional manner.