Code of Conduct for Players
All participants in our sport have a responsibility to promote respect and good behaviour to ensure our clubs and our game are free from all forms of bullying and abuse.
All players must abide by this Code of Conduct and demonstrate behaviours that promote a welcoming environment within our sport.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Respect all other participants and the rights and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background, or religion.
- Play fair, play by the rules, and play to the best of your ability, always.
- Be a good sport, displaying modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Respect the equipment and facilities provided to you as part of your program.
- Be honest with your coach concerning illness and injury, and your ability to train and play.
- Never yell at, ridicule, or criticise other participants. They are all trying their best.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates, referees, and opponents. Without them, there would be no competition.
- Respect and follow the directions of your team officials and match officials.
- Do not argue with the match official. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the match official during a break in play or after the match is concluded.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other players, deliberately distracting or provoking another person is not acceptable or permitted in any sport.
- Be respectful whether you win or lose. Shake hands with the other team and match official at the end of the game.
- If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable at your club speak to someone you trust.